Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Barb

Barb is alone now. Her dear husband passed away 3 years ago. They were such a cute couple. He had grey hair, a mustache, and always reminded me of an English gentleman. He called me Maggie and always greeted me with a hug. They wanted a family, but they were never able to have one. They had a dog that they both loved, but he died just a few days after Bob. That was a double heartbreak for her. Barb will not know the joy I know with my large posterity in this life. But in the next life she will!

She is so pleasant and fun to be around. She doesn't dwell on the death of Bob, or the lack of children. She is sentimental and tears up really easy about Bob, and things that remind her of him. But her tears are brief, and then she cheers up again. She has handled the loneliness by accepting invitations to go places with friends (and she has a lot of them). She kept her job volunteering at the Church Office Building. She goes to football games. She comes to the temple each week. She is my dear 'temple friend'.

She makes jams and gives them to friends and neighbors and everytime we pick her up for something. She comes to our annual Christmas party and mixes in really well with everyone. She is little and cute and always so well groomed. She always wears a smile and makes you feel good to just be around her.

Another sorrow she has is she is the only member in her family. She is from Nova Scotia and goes there every summer to visit her sisters. I know other friends could add to this list, but this is what impresses me. She is such a good example to me. My life has been really enriched to have a friend like Barb. And Barb, "I love you"! xo xo

1 comment:

  1. Brandy(goldheart recipient)November 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

    I've met Barb a few times. She's great. Anyone my mom and grandma speak so highly and lovingly of must be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete